Chicken Cashew Stir Fry
Stir-fries are actually so easy to whip up and yet they're packed full with lots of goodness! This dish is so yummy and packed full with flavor. A much healthier option than your local chinese take-out! You can also throw in whatever veggies you have in the fridge.
1 red chilli
4 tsp Tamari
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 crushed garlic clove
2 spring onions
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 diced carrots
2 chopped zucchini/courgette
1 red pepper
4 organic chicken breasts chopped into bite size pieces
100g cashew nuts
A handful of freshly chopped cilantro/corriander
2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
Salt and Pepper to season
I serve this with brown rice. But noodles go really well with it too! I love soba or rice noodles. Follow the instructions on the packet to cook this separately.
- Mix the tamari with the ginger, garlic and sesame oil and chilli
- Heat the coconut oil on a large saucepan
- Once the oil has heated, throw the courgettes, pepper and carrots onto the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes
- Pour a tablespoon of your tamari sauce mixture into the pan and stir well
- Add the chicken, spring onions, cashews and the rest of the sauce. Stir it all together.
- Keep stirring for about 7 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Test this by removing a piece of the chicken from the pan and cutting it in half. If there's any pinkness in the centre, continue to cook until the chicken is white in the centre.
- Once ready to serve, top with the fresh corriander/cilantro and sesame seeds