Flourless Blueberry, Oatmeal & Banana Pancakes
Jack Johnson had it right when he sang about banana pancakes. They are delicious! And my recipe doesn't even contain any unnatural sugars or starchy flour. They are slow burning fuel for the body, so you'll be able to concentrate for longer and won't have any sugar crashes. Plus, the chia seeds are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet because they contain Omega 3s, fiber, protein as well as essential vitamins and minerals! But best thing of all - they are delicious and satisfying!
2 whisked eggs
2 tablespoons chia seeds
4 tablespoons rolled oats
1 mashed banana
A handful of blueberries
A teaspoon of cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and leave to stand for at least 5 mins. This allows the chia seeds to expand.
- If you want to make the mixture the night before to have for breakfast the next morning, you can cover with cling film and store overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- I find that these pancakes cook better on the pan if they are smaller than normal pancakes, so scoop about a tablespoon of the mixture into a heated frying pan and sizzle on both sides until light golden brown. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- I like to drizzle a little bit of honey or raw organic maple syrup over mine. They are also delicious when served with fresh fruit!