No Bake Breakfast Bars
This is great for those of you that don't like to eat breakfast. Or, who like to grab and go! You can make a batch of them at the weekend and have enough to keep you going throughout the week. You'll have no excuse to not eat breakfast when you can grab these as you walk out the door!
160g chopped dates
Smooth almond butter
3 tablespoons of honey or agave syrup (natural sugars!)
4 tbsp sunflower seeds
4 tbsp chia seeds (literally packed with so much goodness that I don't even know where to start!)
50g of roughly chopped unsalted peanuts or almonds
- Pop the dates in a food processor or blender until they've come together into a ball or paste. Add 1 tbsp of boiling water if they aren't sticking.
- Put the almond or peanut butter with the honey in a pan on a gentle heat. Stir and heat until it becomes a pourable mixture.
- Stir the remaining ingredients with the date mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Now pour over the honey and nut mixture and stir it all together.
- Mix everything really well. Even get your hands in there to and knead until everything is evenly distributed.
- Line a 20cm tin or container with baking parchment (so the mixture doesn't stick to it)
- Tip the mixture in and spread it evenly. Make sure to press it all the way to the sides. Use the back of a spoon to press it down and make it compact.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes before cutting it into squares.
- You can keep the squares in the fridge or a container for 3 days - or freeze them to keep them for longer!
(So yummy with a cup of tea!)